Joint Quantitative Political Science Conference for Asia and Australasia, 13-15 January 2021
We are pleased to announce the second joint meeting of the Asian Political Methodology group and the Australian Society for Quantitative Political Science. The joint conference (AsianPolmeth VIII & ASQPS IX) will build on the momentum of these two successful conferences over the last eight years. The January 2021 meeting will be held exclusively online, over three days.
We welcome paper proposals from any area of political science, using quantitative methods of analysis. Proposals may focus mainly on substantive contributions to knowledge in any subfield of political science, or on innovation in quantitative methods of political analysis.
The deadline for proposal submission is November 8, 2020. Please submit paper or poster proposals online at https://www.cambridge.org/core/membership/spm/register.
The primary presenter should submit the proposal that includes the title, the abstract (up to 200 words), the names of authors, and the contact information of the primary presenter. The online poster presentation will be done in the form of short paper presentation. Poster presenters do not have to write up papers by the conference.
- Dates of conference: January 13 (Wednesday) – 15 (Friday), 2021
- Abstract Submission: by November 8, 2020
- Notifications of Decisions: November 30, 2020
- Registration: December 1 – December 10, 2020
All attendees, including presenters, must register online via the conference website. Registration is free. Details will be announced no later than November 30.
This conference is sponsored by the Society of Political Methodology. If you have any inquiry regarding the conference, feel free to send an email to: qps dot asia dot 2021 at gmail dot com.
The Program Committee
- Kentaro Fukumoto, Gakushuin University, Japan (chair)
- Fang-Yi Chiou, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
- Benjamin Goldsmith, Australian National University, Australia
- Kosuke Imai, Harvard University, U.S.A.
- Ferran Martinez i Coma, Griffith University, Australia
- Xun Pang, Tsinghua University, China
- Jong Hee Park, Seoul National University, Korea